The International Certificate of Teaching Mastery: Effective Management and Methods (Course 2)
This course presents an exploration of theme-based and cooperative learning, giving teachers a chance to develop lesson plans and classroom methodology that create a lively, interactive, and safe place for exploration and learning. It provides teachers with practical tools for classroom management and strategies that engage students in thinking about their own learning processes.
1. To discuss differences between classroom management and discipline.
2. To explore a variety of instructional theories such as theme-based learning, cooperative learning, outcome-based learning, and character education, and to discus their practical applications.
3. To enhance the participants' grasp of instruction and curriculum design through discussion of scaffolding and different approaches to curriculum (curriculum as product, process, praxis, and context), and to foster a strong grasp of how the implementation of these approaches can affect classroom practice.
4. To assist teachers in learning how to promote metacognitive development in their students.
5. To examine a variety of strategies for effective classroom management.
Source: Teachers Without Borders
License: Creative Commons
Donations: Donate to Teachers Without Borders